These are the core issues I'm focusing on this election
Who is Gord Lovegrove?
Welcome to my site!
I'm a happily married father of four, long-time Kelowna resident, professional engineer for over 25 years; founding professor of UBC School of Engineering — my areas of experience are in planning and design of affordable housing, transportation, safety, food security, and sustainable communities. Why: My areas of expertise exactly match emerging Kelowna issues. Engineers are strategic-thinkers and problem solvers who get the job down efficiently and effectively. I offer sustainable development engineering experience to Council. I’ve been trusted to teach Kelowna’s future leaders, will you trust me with your vote?
It's your city, our future, and my experience.
- Canada's 1st Departmental Science Advisor to government agencies on Housing, Climate Action, Transit, Railways & Safety 2005 - 2022
- Guest expert on Knowledge TV's "Mighty Trains" Rocky Mountaineer: Engineering feats of rail through the Rocky Mountains 2017
- Member on BC Provincial Task Force on Affordable Housing Development Review Process 2021-2022
- Executive member - Kelowna South-Central Association of Neighborhoods (KSAN) 2018-2021
- Founding member & Technology node lead - UBCO Homelessness Research Cluster 2019
- Designer/Builder - Canada's 1st ZE Hydrogen-powered Rail Passenger Vehicle 2021
- Designer/Builder - Okanagan's 1st Certified Net Zero Carriage House 2020
- Founding faculty member - UBCO School of Engineering 2005-2022
- Kelowna Civic Environmental Champion Award Finalist 2018
- Community Service Award, BC Professional Engineers 2020
- Founding member, Kelowna CoHousing Community 2018
- Board Member - Kelowna Gospel Mission since 2020
- UBC Student U-Pass Program (Vancouver) 2003